Chemical Formula: Ca16(Si2O7)4(F,OH)8
Mineral for Display: No
|Long Waves (365nm): || Yellow ||Mid waves (320 nm): || Salmon pink ||Short Waves (254 nm): || Orangy yellow ||Medium|
|Other colors LW: || |
Bluish White , Yellowish White ,
|Other colors MW: || |
Pinkish White , Salmon pink ,
|Other colors SW: || |
Yellowish White , Pinkish White ,
Phosphorescence (in the common meaning of the term) seen by naked eye:
|Short Waves (254 nm): ||Orangy yellow |
Fluo rose-peach MW;
Found in Franklin 1997 in very small quantity and in 2005 at Buckwheat dump, Franklin;
First identified as johnbaumite, but differentiated by X-Ray powder diffraction analysis.
Main Activator(s) and spectrum:
Comments on activators and spectra:
Best Locality for luminescence(*):
- Buckwheat dump, Franklin, New Jersey, USA;
- Monte Somma, Somma-Vesuvius Complex, Naples Province, Campania, Italy;
(*)Data are not exhaustive and are limited to the most important localities for fluorescence
Bibliographical Reference for luminescence:
- The Henkel Glossary of Fluorescent Minerals, Dr. Gerhard Henkel, Published by the FMS, 1989 ,
- Fluorescence: Gems and Minerals Under Ultraviolet Light, Manuel Robbins, 1994, Geoscience Press, ISBN 0-945005-13-X ,
- The World of Fluorescent Minerals, Stuart Schneider, Schiffer Publishing, 2006, ISBN 0-7643-2544-2 ,
Mineralogical Reference on internet:
Search on Internet:
Search for images on 'Google Image'
Search for documents in English on Google
Search for documents in any languages on Google
Search on Wikipédia
While all due attention has been paid to the implementation of the database, it may contain errors and/or accidental omissions. By nature, the database will always be incomplete because science always evolves according to new analysis.
A request providing no result means only that no such reference exists in the database, but it does not mean that what you are looking for does not exist, just not to our knowledge. If you think you have found an error or omission, please let us know via the contact page
being sure to cite the source of information.